A world of "firsts"

Our sweet baby Evan has been experiencing a whole lot of "firsts" lately. In the past two weeks he has started crawling, he experienced eating ice cream for the first time, he started sitting up all by himself, he played with instruments for the first time, he began pulling up to the standing position in his crib, and he played in the grass for the first time. This little guy is all over the place and he is doing so much, way too fast!

Playing with the grass...he loved the way it felt in his fingers.

Playing the drum...look at that face.

Stood up all by himself. He is so proud of himself.

He crawled all the way over here by himself and then sat
up all by himself. He is only 6 months old. He needs to slow down!!

Eating chocolate ice cream...yum.

It is so exciting to watch him grow and experience all of these things for the first time. When I watched Evan play with the grass for the first time, I found myself noticing how amazing grass is! When he ate ice cream for the first time, I found myself thinking about how cold and soft it must feel in his little mouth. When he started crawling, I began to think about how much fun it must be for him to finally be able to chase his brother around. When he played with the guitar, drum, and maraca, I thought about how interesting music must sound to his little ears. And yesterday, when I saw those little eyes peeking over the crib, I found myself thinking about how amazing this world must be to those precious eyes.

Watching my 6 month old enjoy all of these things for the first time has made me realize how many common, everyday things I take for granted. Just being able to see, hear, taste, feel, and smell are amazing blessings that we rarely even think about! Today I am thankful that I am able to experience all of these things with Evan. Being a part of his "world of firsts" is so much fun for me and it helps me appreciate the simple blessings that we enjoy everyday.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes