Celebrating one of our greatest blessings!

Four years ago, on April 30th, my water broke while walking my kindergarten students back from lunch. I drove home and waited on Bryan to drive home from Duke. Since I had some time to kill, I vacuumed while I waited, haha! Once Bryan arrived home we rushed to hospital. 15 hours later, at 3:00am on May 1st, we met our precious baby boy. Giving birth to Dylan was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Being his mother for the past 4 years has been so much fun. I never realized how much a mother loves her children, this kind of love is incredible! God truly blessed me when he placed Dylan Lee Shaw in my womb. Today I am overwhelmingly thankful for Dylan!  I am honored to be this little fella's mommy! 

Since Dylan is one of our greatest blessings, we spent all day celebrating his birthday! We started by decorating the house for his special day and allowing him to search for his presents as soon as he woke up. He loved his new "transformer" bicycle, helmet and horn! He chose to have waffles with chocolate chips and syrup for breakfast and then watched a new Alvin and the Chipmunk movie he picked out especially for his birthday. We played and colored and then had lunch. After Dylan's nap, the whole family went to Celebration Station to ride go-karts and bumper boats. We had a great time! Dylan choose to go to Ham's for dinner to have his favorite thing....cheese fries! Once we arrived back home, he rode his big-boy bike for the first time and then had cookie cake (his favorite)! Overall, the day was tons of fun and Dylan was so excited. When it was time for bed he said, "Soon I'll be big, just like you and Daddy, and you guys are old!" I love that kid! I can't believe he is 4 years old already!

Here are some photos from Dylan's special day:
Dylan and his decorated door.
Happy Birthday Cutie Pie.
He loves his new "transformers" bicycle

Waffles with chocolate chips and syrup

Riding Go-Karts

and Bumper Boats.

We got soaking wet

Daddy and Dylan on the bumper boats

and the Go-Karts.

He loved every minute of it.

Riding his new big boy bike

He loved his cookie cake! He said "OOOHHH, Thank you so much"





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes