A Thank You Card!

Bryan's father got laid off about 2 years ago. It took a while but a little over a month ago, he was hired for a new job. He was extensively trained and then laid off again after only working a hand-full of weeks. Of course, the entire family has been praying hard over this situation and Dylan was no exception. Last night, during his bedtime prayers, Dylan asked God to "please give Pawpaw a new job." Guess what? Pawpaw got a job today and he starts on Monday! Praise God!
When Bryan and I told Dylan that God had answered his prayer, his face lit up with joy! To say that he was excited is a definite understatement. Dylan told us that when he wakes up in the morning, the first thing he is going to do is make a thank you card for Jesus. He said "I am going to write a card and tell Jesus thank you for hearing my prayer and giving my Pawpaw a new job. I am gonna save it until I'm really, really old and give it to Him when I go to Heaven!"  How cute is that?

Today I am thankful that God answers prayer. Many of us have examples of times when our prayers have been answered but this time is extra special because Dylan got to experience the power of prayer first hand. I am also grateful for the reminder that Dylan gave me tonight...we all need to send up some thank you "cards" to Jesus for all He has done and continues to do for us!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes