Upstreet

Today I was a substitute in Upstreet at church. Upstreet is the children's program for 5-11 years old at Green Street Baptist Churh. I was truly amazed by this program! The kids all gather in the "Clubhouse" and start with praise and worship music. Next, the Pastor illustrates a character trait with a game followed by more praise music and prayer time. The Pastor then shares a brief message with the kids and then they break into small groups. I was a substitute for one of the small groups. We talked about the message, played a quick game, and prayed together. I'm glad I got to see how Upstreet works. I'm really impressed with how Green Street is teaching the young people!

During the prayer time, I looked up to see that all the young men in the room had gotten down on their faces to pray. (I'm assuming the girls don't do it because of wearing dresses.) My eyes filled up with tears upon the sight of these 5-11 year old boys humbling themsleves in prayer. What if the men of our generation had been taught to humble themselves this way? I am so thankful to be a part of a church that is teaching our children to pray. I am so grateful that my boys will be a part of Upstreet in the future!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes