The Freedom to Sing!

"Awake my soul and sing to the One who died for Thee!"

Today, during our patriotic church service, I was reminded of how amazing it is that we can openly sing to our Lord and Savior! Our Pastor shared a story of an Iranian man who was put to death because he chose not to teach his children from the Koran. In America, we have the freedom to choose what we want to teach our children, what we believe, how we worship and Who we serve. It saddens me to think that so many Americans do not even take advantage of this freedom. Thousands of men and women have died to protect the freedom of religion but so many Americans forget to enjoy it. Today I am thankful for the freedom to go to church, to serve an awesome God, and to sing my heart out to Him. My prayer is that more people would choose to do so. I pray that their souls would awake and sing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes