Simple Reminders

Today has just been "one of those days!" I've been needing a reminder that regardless of hopeless a situation seems or how impatient I start to feel, God is still in control and is still capable of great things. I spent the day feeling down and irritated but tonight, while reading our family devotions, I got my reminder!

The story we read was of Abraham and Sarah. The couple was in their 90's when God told them that they would have a child. Sarah had always wanted a child but had given up on the idea because of her age. Can you imagine how crazy it must have sounded to them...to think that they might have a child at the age of 90? God told them that He could do anything and He did! So, as ridiculous as it seemed, Sarah believed and had a son when she was 90 years old.

What a terrific reminder! If God can allow an elderly woman to conceive and give birth to a son, He is capable and willing to do marvelous things for me and my family as well. I don't know what He will do or when He will do it but I am positive that my God has great things in store for us. Today I am so thankful for this reminder!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes