Being a Blessing to Others!

This evening we had dinner and a game night at the Baptist Children's Home. Our Sunday School class has adopted one of the girl's cottages. We truly had a great time. We had tons of yummy food and the girls were a lot of fun to spend time with. Dylan quickly made some new friends and especially loved the trains that kept going by.

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to be a blessing to others in our community. These girls are ages 8-16 and have had difficult lives to say the least. Each of their stories are different but they've all ended up living at the Baptist Children's Home instead of at home with their families. Although I think the house parents are doing a terrific job with them, it must be difficult for these young ladies. I hope that our Sunday School group brought them joy this evening. It was a blessing for me to be around the girls and their house parents. I'm also thankful that Dylan was able to participate with us. I pray that our children will always appreicate the life that God has blessed them with and enjoy showing love to others around them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes