My hope is in the Lord!

 Isaiah 49:23 says, “Then you will know that I am the LORD. Those who hope in me will not be disappointed.”

Today during my quiet time, I read a devotional about having hope. While reading, my attention was drawn to the bible verse above. Don't you love it when it seems like God is yelling at you from the pages of scripture? I felt as though God was talking directly to me. He was telling me "doubt and hope cannot live in our hearts at the same time!!!"

I had a doctor's appointment today that I have been dreading for weeks. The last appointment with my back surgeon didn't go very well and I was worried about how this appointment might go. I have prayed and prayed over this and today I felt at peace, knowing that the Bible says if I put my hope in the Lord, I will not be disappointed. I must have repeated that verse to myself 50 times during that appointment, reminding myself that I cannot have hope and doubt at the same time. Guess what??? I wasn't disappointed! The appointment went well and the doctor even decided to do a few more test to see if the generator of my on-going back pain can be located (last visit he acted as though there was nothing else that could be done for me).

God is so good! He speaks to us. He listens to us. He is at work in the details of our lives! Today I am thankful that those who put their hope in the Lord will not be disappointed! My hope is in the Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes