The Fun Mom!

I'm learning very quickly that as my boys get older, life is going to get more and more exciting!!! It's a good thing God healed my back, huh?

 I don't think I realized how grateful I am for God's miraculous touch on my body until this vacation began! We've been walking all over the place, riding all sorts of rides and barely sitting down the past couple of days. The last time we went to Tweetsie Railroad, I couldn't ride anything except for the ferris wheel because of my back injury. I was so afraid that I would injure my back further and I knew I would be in increased pain for days if I did. This time, just a few months after God healed my back,  I rode everything my boys wanted me to! It was sooooo exciting for all of us. They've never gotten to experience vacations with a Mommy that could participate in those activities. And, I've never gotten to experience these things with my boys. I can't even express the joy that filled my heart as I rode the Tornado with Dylan and drove the bumper cars with Evan and Tyson.  Plus, hours later, still no back pain! Amazing!

Bumper Cars with my littles!
The Mouse Mine Train with the family!
The Tweetsie Twister with Dylan! We laughed hysterically!
Riding the Train! 


Tonight I drove a Go-Kart for the very first time! I had so much fun! The other  moms where driving slowly but I went as fast as I could, not at all worried that the bumps and turns would cause my back to ache! I also drove the bumper cars and rode an X-treme 4-D ride with Dylan. Tomorrow we're going on a hike and then next week, we're spending 2 days at a water park...where I will actually be able to go down the water slides! These are all things that I would have never been able to do with my back injury. These are things I thought I would never get to experience with my boys!



Today I am thankful, again, that God has healed my back. Having no back pain and living life more fully has been incredible anyway, but this vacation has really shown me all that I was missing out on and how grateful I am for the opportunity to truly "live" as a Mommy with three boys! I am thankful for the smiles on their faces and the joy in their laughter as they get to do these fun things with me, for the first time. I've finally gotten to be the FUN MOM!!! YAY! I could never fully express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for blessing my family in this way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes