Just an ordinary day....

Do you ever get caught up in life and forget all that you have to be grateful for? Maybe that's just me. I've noticed lately that when I start to feel frustrated or aggravated with things in my life, if I stop and take a few moments to ponder all of my blessings, my mood seems to change. Maybe that's why the Bible says "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18. God knows that gratitude will cause our perspectives to change and our joy to be full. 

This afternoon I was able to spend some time alone in the hammock while the baby was napping. Bethel Music was playing on my phone and the breeze was blowing through my hair. I felt God say to me, "Things are so different now than they were 10 years ago, aren't they?" My mind started to ponder what I would be doing at that moment if God hadn't totally changed my life around. That line of thought suddenly caused to me to feel overwhelmed with gratitude for the life I have been given. My God has been so good to me. 

Here are just a few pictures of an ordinary day...

I am so grateful for the ability to relax in the hammock on
a sunny afternoon. Praising my Father and spending time
reflecting. What a sweet gift this is!
Do you see that tree frog on Evan's arm? Tyson was amazed by it!
I am so thankful for the chance to spend every day at home with
my boys where they can run and play and explore and be themselves.
Bryan was reading his Bible this morning and Tyson
climbed up and "read his Bible" also. I am grateful
for the time Bryan and I have with our children, to
teach them, lead them, and pray for them. 
After finishing all of our school work, Dylan and I enjoyed
spending some time outside together. I'm so thankful for the
ability to homeschool my boys. I am also grateful for the time we're
able to spend together, which is rare for so many families.

Just an ordinary day but there are countless things to be grateful for. The beautiful weather, our lovely home, groceries in the fridge, healthy children, a loving husband, a warm shower, friends to pray with,  a car to drive, clothing to wear, a church that we love, a "job" that is soooo much fun and very rewarding, a sweet puppy dog, and so on. I forget these things a lot of the time because they're my "norm," but spending some time thinking about all that God has given me, was really good for my soul today. Thank you, Father, for reminding me of all that I have to be grateful for.

What do you have to be grateful for? What blessings have your forgotten recently?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes