Training em' young!

Today after church, a large number of people from our congregation went out into the community to invite people to our church and to offer to pray for them. Bryan and I joined an older couple from our church and we took the boys with us. Evan took a nap as we strolled through a neighborhood near our church but Dylan was as involved as he possibly could be! He went right up to the door with Bryan and the other couple, he talked with the people at times, handed them the bag of goodies we took, and stayed back with me and prayed at times. Just being a part of this outreach was wonderful but watching my oldest son serve was a blessing beyond describing.

When everyone was finished in their neighborhoods, we all came back to church for dessert and a time of sharing. Once person shared that a lady told them that the community desperately needs more churches sharing the love of Christ door to door. I agree, 100% percent. 

Today I am thankful to be part of a church that desires to share God's love with our community. I am also thankful to have had a the opportunity to take our sweeties with us today. Several people commented that we were "training em' young." Yes, yes we are! Mark 16:15 says, "Go into the all the world and proclaim the gospel to all creation." There is no age limit on this assignment.  I am grateful that Dylan has a heart that desires to get right in there and share with others! He is full of love and joy and isn't ashamed to share Jesus! I will encourage those characteristics each and everyday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes