Do not be anxious...

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

There are several things that Bryan and I have been praying over for a while now. From time to time, I start to feel anxious about these things even though I know God is sovereign and has our best interests in mind. The past few days have been some of those times of anxiety. Thankfully, God reminded me of Philippians 4:6 a couple of times today. I love how God makes things clear to me (He knows I can be a little stubborn!) He made sure to get my attention with Philippians 4:6 today and I definitely needed to read and reread that verse! 

Today I am thankful that I don't need be anxious or full of worry about any situation in my life. God is faithful and loving. I can bring all of my requests to Him and HE WILL come through for us! It may not be when I want or exactly what I want but I know He knows what is best for us. I can rest in His ability to provide, protect, guide and love my family. I am also grateful that God pursues us and does whatever He desires to get our attention. He knows exactly what we need, when we need it. 

I praise you Father for being so trustworthy. Please help me to allow You to be God. Help me to keep guard over my thoughts and feelings.  Please help me to stay focused on You instead of my circumstances. I love you, Lord. Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes