"Jesus Melted!"


Last year, around Easter, one of my friends told me about resurrection rolls. I thought it was a terrific idea so, this year we decided to try making these tasty treats. Not only are they yummy, they also help teach children the wonder of Easter. To make the rolls, we rolled a marshmallow in melted butter and cinnamon sugar and the wrapped it in a crescent roll. The marshmallow is symbolic for Jesus' body. The butter and cinnamon sugar are symbolic for the oil and spices placed on Jesus' body. The crescent roll is symbolic for the cloths Jesus' body was wrapped in. The oven is symbolic of the tomb.


We're all ready...
Mommy and Dylan 
Daddy and Dylan 

Dylan really enjoyed making these rolls

Ready for the oven!

Dylan was very excited about making the resurrection rolls. Once they were ready, he couldn't wait to put them into the oven and see what happened. When the oven dinged and we took the rolls out, he was very excited to look inside. Bryan cut one of the rolls open and the marshmallow was gone! I was fully expecting Dylan to say, "look, Jesus isn't there" but instead Dylan shouted, "Jesus melted!!!!" Bryan and I busted out laughing! Only Dylan would look past the amazement of the marshmallow disappearing and instead, point out the reason it disappeared! 


Evan had to enjoy a marshmallow while we waited!
Jesus has disappeared!
Wow!!!!
"Jesus Melted"

Today I am thankful for this fun time with my family. Dylan had so much fun making the resurrection rolls and even though he knows that the marshmallow just melted,  he is in awe of what it represents. Yesterday he told me he couldn't wait for Sunday. When I asked why he said, "because that is when Jesus rose from the grave!" That makes my heart so happy! I, too, am in awe of my risen Savior! I am so grateful to serve a God that is ALIVE (not melted!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes