Life Verse

 "We wait in hope for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield. 
In him our hearts rejoice, 
for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love rest upon us, LORD,
even as we put our hope in you."
Psalm 33:20-22

Recently during my quiet time I was reading Psalm 33. When I came to verses 20-22, I had to reread and reread. What amazing verses of scripture! It felt as though God was speaking directly to me through that passage.

My interpretation: If I wait, not impatiently or with worry, but in HOPE for the Lord I will have  assurance that He will help me and be my shield. My heart rejoices, not because of the things of this world, but in HIM and I can always trust His Holy Name. The Lord's unfailing (did you hear that?? UNFAILING!!!) love will rest upon or reside with me even as I am placing my hope in Him. 

This passage means so much to me. The past few years have been full of waiting and hoping for me. I feel as if God is telling me... if I place my hope in Him, He will help me and shield me. If I place my trust in Him, my heart will rejoice because of Him. Even as I am continually hoping in Him, He is allowing His love to cover me! Hallelujah!

Today in our Sunday School class we discussed the phylacteries (jewelry or ornate boxes) that Jewish people wear with scripture in them. Our teacher asked us what scriptures we would have in our phylacteries, if we wore them. The passage above is definitely what I would want in mine. I guess I could consider this my "life verse." I've never had one before but I think this should be it because whatever comes my way, I want to continuously hope in the Lord and trust in His Holy Name. I always want His unfailing love to rest upon me.

Today I am thankful for these verses of scripture. God's word is alive! He uses it to speak to us and show us who He is. I am so grateful to have this passage as my "life verse."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes