Only Christ In Me

There's a song that I keep hearing lately that has become my prayer. It's called "Christ In Me" by Jeremy Camp.   Over the past couple weeks I've felt a new closeness with the Holy Spirit that I never knew was possible. I think that's why this song is one of my favorites.  Here's the chorus:

So come and empty me 
So that it's you I breathe

I want my life to be 
Only Christ in me 
So I will fix my eyes
'Cause you're my source of life 
I need the world to see
That it's Christ in me


I just want myself to be emptied and the Spirit to fill me! I want my life to be only Christ in me...that's WHO I want others to see! And if anyone ever wonders how or why, I want them to know that Christ is my source of life. I couldn't have written that song better myself!

Today I am grateful for my relationship with the Holy Spirit. I am thankful that He will fill me and be my source of life! He will help me through every situation that arises. He will empower me to be the mom and wife He wants me to be. He will comfort and strengthen me. He will speak to me and love me. I am also grateful for songs like these that help me verbalize what I'm feeling and thinking. God has used music so many times in my life. It speaks to my heart in ways that spoken or written words cannot do.  This song sings my prayer for myself and for my family! Let us breathe You in Lord! Let the world see that its You in us!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes