I never thought I'd be so happy to ride a bike!


I did something tonight that I thought I would never, ever do again! Since my back injury in 2009, I've been told by doctors that I would never ride a bicycle again. Well, in January God healed my back! I haven't had any of that old familiar back pain since then! It took me a while to work up the nerve to give a bike a try but tonight, I did it! 

I never imagined that I would be this excited about riding a bike! My boys were running after me and cheering for me! We rode bikes all the way down the street and back. I have to say, I was nearly in tears thinking about God's goodness and faithfulness towards me!

Bryan said that while I was riding the bike, the song "Born Again" by Third Day was playing on his phone. These were the words being sung at those exact moments....

It feels like I'm born again.
If feels like I'm living

For the very first time
For the very first time
In my life
Feels like I'm breathing
Feels like I'm moving
For the very first time 
For the very first time


How fitting?! It does, it feels like I'm born again. I'm living again for the first time in 7 years! I am so grateful for God's willingness to touch my body and heal my back! He used my pain for soooo much good in those 7 years and then, at the right time, He took it away! And now, I am able to ride a bike with my little boys. Oh, what joy that brings me! I never thought I'd be so emotional about riding a bike but its so much more than that, really. God is so good. He is making all things new and we can trust Him with our lives!

Comments

  1. This is truly inspiring. I like that you are able to ride a bike again. I myself ride a bike everywhere I go, and I could ride for miles. I can't even imagine having such back pain that could limit or even take away your ability to ride a bike.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes