Friends, Laughter, and Make-up!


So what do you think happens when 4 moms, with 3 kids each, try to have a "Mommy Make-over" and playdate at the same time!?! Well, I'll tell you! Craziness.....that's what happens! 

11 little boys and one little girl played and screamed while Valerie, Meghan, Sarah, and I got "pampered" by two Mary Kay Representatives. It was hysterical! I can't even tell you the number of times we got interrupted or one of us had to run out of the room to change a diaper or clean up a spill. Still, each of us enjoyed ourselves and ended up looking pretty darn good! 

The Mary Kay gals that helped us with our makeovers were young and childless....I'm sure they were exhausted when left my house! There were times we couldn't even hear them speaking because of our loud littles! These girls were troopers though! They probably realize now that they want to wait many, many years before having a house full of kids, like we have!

I haven't laughed so hard in a long, long time! These mommas are so much fun! It is so nice to just be myself and have a good time with these sweet friends! Only other moms with at least 3 kids can understand how much of a necessity some girl time truly is!

"Before" Picture is with the Satin Lips....we look absurd!
But the after picture looks pretty good, huh?

While the Mommies got pampered, the children got out water hose and started having a blast in the sprinkler! That is why they all have their shirts off in this picture! A few aren't pictured here but they were all having a terrific, noisy, messy time!



Today I am thankful for friends, laughter, and make-up! We really had so much fun this morning! It was just what we needed!  Even with the loud, crazy chaos, it was a much needed time with friends! Proverbs 17:22 says that a cheerful heart is good medicine. Laughing and joking around this morning was surely that...good medicine! I have to say, I was thankful for the make-up too because it actually made me feel beautiful! It might sound riduculous, but the mess I had to clean up was almost worth it! Hehehe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes