12 years and counting....



On this day, 12 years ago, I married my high school sweetheart. We had been dating for 8 years when we got hitched! So, we have officially been together for 20 years! I'll be honest, that doesn't even seem possible! Time really does fly!


12 years later we're living the life we used to daydream about when we were kids. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't praise God for carrying us through all the bad choices and crazy years so that we could end up here with 3 little boys, walking closely with our Savior.  I'm serious when I say that we shouldn't be here. We shouldn't be together. We shouldn't have the life we have. Our God is soooo good and His grace abounds! That He would allow us to stay together through all of life's ups and downs, and help us to grow into the people He created us to be, just blows my mind! 


Today has been a special day, one of celebration. Not just celebrating the 12 years we've been married but also the 20 years we've loved one another. It's also been a chance to remember all that God has done for us! I got flowers and breakfast in bed and best of all, some time alone with my man. It was a good, good day. 

Today I am grateful for the life I have with Bryan. It isn't perfect, because we are both imperfect but it is a sweet life--one filled with God's blessings!! I am thankful for the home we share, for the little ones we're raising, and the road we've traveled together. I am amazed at how far God has brought us and how different our lives are these days. Thank you, Father, for all that You have done and all that You have given us! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes