Might as well be a Tom-Boy!

In the past few weeks I think my boys have been fishing 5 or 6 times! "Why do they fish so often?" you ask. Well, all we have to do is walk outside! I never knew living beside a pond could be so much fun! We stocked this pond in early spring so now that the fish have had some time to grow, we're having a blast! We just catch and release the little guys but the boys really enjoy it! This is the perfect pond for kids because you can barely get the line in the water before you've got a fish! Yesterday we caught 23 in about an hour and today Bryan and Evan caught 10 in about 30 minutes! 





I have never, ever, taken a fish off of a fishing pole before and even walking out there I said I would never do it. Bryan couldn't keep up because the boys were catching fish so quickly and I felt bad for him, so I ended up taking off 10 or more fish! I guess being a mom of three little boys is rubbing off on me! Oh well, if I can't buy pink and paint toe nails, I might as well be a tom-boy!



Today I am grateful for these sweet moments with my family. It was blazing hot and I was sweating like crazy but just enjoying our pond with my boys and watching them squeal with excitement every time they caught a fish was so much fun! I am also thankful for the chance to step out of my comfort zone. I'm fairly "girly" so the boys are always super proud of me when I get my hands dirty! I'm not 100% Tom-Boy but I'll do anything for my fellas! Haha!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes