Our Little Oasis

When Bryan and I were looking for houses (over a year ago now, I can't believe that!) we paid close attention to the back yard. We didn't have much of yard in our old house so this time, it was important to us. It was so hot when we moved in last year, we didn't spend much time outside and we weren't able to get it looking the way wanted. So, this spring Bryan has been working very hard on our backyard! It looks so good. We have new furniture under our Pergola, new stools at our bar, and and new table and chairs with umbrella (thanks to a friend who bascially gave it to us!) Bryan has planted all sorts of pretty flowers and we even have a garden box. I'm so proud of the work he has done. 

Tonight we spent all evening outside in our
"Little Oasis." The weather was beautiful, our dinner was yummy, and all our boys were happy because they really enjoy being outside! (especially Evan and Tyson!) The boys were so excited to eat dinner at the bar and start painting a bird house they are making. Tyson and I enjoyed rocking in the glider together. It was a wonderful evening!





Today I am thankful for our little Oasis. I am always overwhelmed with gratitude when I stop and realize how amazing this home is that God has given us. This home is what I've always wanted but never thought we would have. God out-did Himself when He blessed us with this home. And now our backyard feels more complete and we are truly enjoying it! As we sit outside we can hear the frogs and insects making all their different sounds....we call it our "symphony." It's just gorgeous! I am also grateful for the ways God continues to reveal to me how He hand-picked this home for our family! It is just perfect, there is no better way to describe it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes