A Civil War Party!!!

Dylan's Civil War party was an absolute hit! He couldn't have been more excited! As his friends arrived they had to pick a popsicle stick which determined whether they were a part of the Union or the Confederacy. We played several games (or battles) to see who would win the war. After "Pinning the Mustache on General Custard," shooting toy soldiers with a rubber band gun, and completing an 1800's scavenger hunt, the North defeated the South. It  didn't matter though because everyone had a blast!

Dylan was so excited!!!!
Yes, that is a photo shopped portrait of Dylan as a Union General!
Friends wear mustaches together!
Look at that face!!! My sweet Evan!
Tyson was enjoying that Pizza crust!
One of our "battles!" Shooting the soldiers with a rubber band gun!
So many nice gifts!
"Happy Birthday to you"
My fellas and me! We all look like Daddy now =)
We had such a fun time at Dylan's Civil War party! I just loved watching him teach his friends about the Civil War! Not many 7 year olds are experts in this field, so it is really exciting to listen to him tell the facts and explain the details. He even had all of his friends calling him "General." I am grateful for my sweet boy who likes what he likes, even though other kids his age have no clue what he is talking about! Because we homeschool, he has more time to research and study the topics that interest him most. That is a sweet blessing, especially for a 7 year old history buff! I am also grateful for the ability to throw him this party. There aren't many pre-made Civil War party decorations or supplies. So, we had a sweet friend who shared a lot of her historically accurate reenactment props to help us decorate and play games. She also gave me a lot of ideas to use during the party. Thank you Alicia! I'm incredibly grateful that Bryan and I could pull off a party that would be so special and unique for our oldest guy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes