Now you see it, now you don't!


When we moved into this house and had our alarm system installed, the technician put the key pad right in the middle of a wall in our living room. I was busy talking with the painters when he did it and by the time I noticed, the holes had already been drilled into the wall. It was to late to change it! I have spent a year looking at that bare wall because I didn't know how to decorate it with that key pad smack-dab in the middle. I mean, do you just include it as part of your family portraits? Do you hang a curtain over it? Or do you just leave the wall completely blank?? That is what I had done because I just didn't know what else to do. And honestly, I've longed to hang something on that wall every time I've looked it.

I love my hubby for a million and one reasons but today, he flexed his "handyman muscles" and made me super duper happy! Just look at what he did!!!!!


 Now you see it.....

Now you don't!!!


I'm so excited!!!!! He used hinges on the canvas so that we can open it to use the alarm but when we're done typing in the numbers, we close the canvas and the eye sore disappears!!! Now I can  decorate my wall!! 

Today I am thankful for a husband who cares about the things that matter to me, even if they're silly. A bare wall really isn't that big of a deal. So I couldn't decorate that wall, who cares? Bryan, that's who! He found a way to make it pretty again! I am also grateful for our marriage and the grace that God has shown us both, as individuals and as a couple. We've come so far in the almost 11 years we've been married. We still aren't perfect by any means but together, we're learning to put each other first and we're loving every minute of it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes