We're settled!

We woke up in our new home for the first time exactly one month ago today! Believe it or not, after 4 weeks (one of which we were on vacation) we are done with all the unpacking, decorating, yard work, changing of light fixtures, organizing, and cleaning. I can't believe we are completely settled! It feels so good!


Yesterday we hosted a house-warming/4th of July party at our new house. It was so much to have so many of friends and family in our new home, laughing, eating, and talking. It was a terrific party! We had a full house! At one point there were 18 kids in our house! After dinner we did fireworks in the cul-de-sac and then went to the top of our neighborhood to watch the big fireworks put on by the city of High Point. We had a wonderful view! Overall, I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. I know I did! I love having a house full of people I love!

Today I am thankful that we are settled into our new home. We have been super busy and really tired at the end of each day but its all been worth it! I love being in our new home; it's definitely the perfect place for our little family. God totally out-did Himself with this blessing! I'm also grateful for so many friends and family that helped us celebrate yesterday.  It was so enjoyable to watch the kids with the fireworks and to spend time with so many special people in our lives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes