Their Greatest Prayer Warriors!

"Arise, cry out in the night, as the watches of the night begin; pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord. Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..." Lamentations 2:19


My church has recently begun a ministry for mothers called Mom2Mom. Today was the first time I was able to attend and it was definitely a blessing to me. We learned about the different personalities of our children and our different parenting styles and how those relate to one another. While I learned a lot through that portion of the morning, there was one thing that our teacher shared that really touched my heart. She said, "Being the perfect parent really doesn't matter but being a praying parent does!" She said that as their Mommies, we will always be our children's biggest cheerleaders, their biggest fans, their best friends, and their biggest protectors but most importantly, we will be their biggest prayer warriors! I know those characteristics don't define all mothers but most Mommies are those things for their children. 

I consider it a great honor to be the greatest prayer warriors for my little ones! Even when they are old and gray, I will still be their biggest supporter and the one who prays for them daily. They are such precious gifts to me. If I do nothing else right as their Mommy, I want to lift up my hands to God for the lives of my children! 

Today I am thankful that my church is ministering to mothers! We definitely need it and I truly enjoyed myself today! I am also thankful for the reminder that no matter what I do right or wrong as a Mom, I can never pray too much for my children. God hears each of my prayers and He loves for me to pour out my heart to Him. I am grateful for the opportunity to be Dylan, Evan, and Allison's biggest fan, greatest support, biggest protector, and even their biggest prayer warrior. While I'll never be the perfect Mommy, I pray that they will never question my love for them or my willingness to lift them up to our Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes