Our "Promised Land"

Three days ago we spent our first night in our new home. We woke up here for the first time on mine and Bryan's 10 year wedding anniversary. This week has been an amazing week! There have been a lot of obstacles this week as well but nothing could diminish the amazing gifts God has given us this week!

Five years ago, when I first got injured and taken out of work, I remember being frustrated and annoyed that things weren't going as I had planned. Around that same time I began reading my Bible daily, getting involved in Bible study, and praying much more often. As I grew in my walk with Christ I remember feeling as though He was telling me to hold on, that He had a plan.  I felt as though I was in the wilderness awaiting my "promised land" just as the Isrealites did in the Old Testament. It took five years but I've clearly seen God's plan unfolding in the past few months. As I waited all those years for our "promised land," I've constantly felt God's peace as He has reminded me of His plan and His faithfulness. His Word gave me such comfort as well. Here are a couple of verses that I placed in my car and my bathroom that helped me as I waited...

"I am still confident of this; I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 37: 13-14
"Patient Endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive what is promised." Hebrews 10:36

"Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in me will not be disappointed."
Isaiah 49:23b

This week, I've felt like we crossed over into our "Promised Land." The journey through the wilderness hasn't been easy, nor has it always been fun, but I have learned so much. Mostly, I've learned that God never forsakes me. Through endless tests on my back, spinal fusion surgery, countless hours of physical therapy, being taken out of work permanently, many financial concerns, beginning to homeschool Dylan, years of waiting of for our house to sell, 7 months without our own home, and all the other normal ups and downs of life, God has never forsaken me. He never forgot His promise to me that He had a good plan; a better plan than the one I had for my life.  I've learned to trust Him because He really does know what He's doing! 


Today I am thankful that we've finally entered our "Promised Land." This house represents so much for me and my family. It speaks of God's faithfulness. It is a sign of His goodness in the land of the living. It is proof that He has a plan for His children and that those who place their hope in Him will not be disappointed. I am also grateful for the journey through the wilderness. It has been a long, unpleasant road at times but it was purposeful. God has proven Himself to us and grown us in ways we could have never imagined. He changed our lives, our priorities, our plans and our hearts. Although I wouldn't choose to endure it all again, I wouldn't change a thing. We are home now and we couldn't be happier. Whatever life throws our way, I pray that we will always recall how God carried us all the way through the wilderness and into our "Promised Land." He is so faithful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes