Filled with Joy!

Dylan has been wanting to drive by our old house for some time now. Tonight, on our way home, we took a drive past the home we lived in for 9 years. Its amazing how different things looked in just 7 months. As we slowly drove through the neighborhood, talking about how much we love our new home, I just couldn't help but praise God for all He has done for us. He has brought us so far! I would have never imagined He would bless us so abundantly. He is such a good God!

We have had a lot of negativity in our lives the past few weeks. Satan has been trying to use some things to distract us from the many blessings God is showering over us. Tonight as we came home to our new house, and began enjoying the new furniture, TV, decorations, etc, I decided that I will not let these negative things take my joy. No matter what others say and do, regardless of what is happening in life, no one can take my joy unless I let them. 

"The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!" Psalm 126:3

Today I am am grateful for the many wonderful things My Lord has done for my family! No matter what happens in our lives, there is no doubt about it, God has blessed us tremendously! We have many reasons to be joyful! I am also thankful for the trials that we currently endure. While I dislike the circumstances greatly, I can see that God is teaching me so much through the trial. He is reminding me not to care so much about what others think or say about me. He is proving that He is faithful even when people are not. He is teaching me more and more about Who He is, which is all I really need. Our God is so amazing, even in the difficulties He is still pouring out the blessings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes