The Triangle!

I met Bryan when I was 13 years old. Since 13 and 15 year old kids don't really "date" we spent most of our time hanging out together in the triangle. The triangle is a patch of land in the middle of the neighborhood we grew up in. When we were teenagers all the kids met up in the triangle to ride our bikes, play games and chit chat. We spent a lot of hours in the triangle. There is a little tree (well it used to be little) that Bryan and I would sit under together. We would talk and laugh and dream of our future together under that tree. I even remember saying once, "Only 8 more years until we can get married!" 

Time has flown by! We've been married now for almost 10 years, so yes, that means its been 18 years since we first sat under that tree together. Today we took our little guys up to the triangle to ride their bikes and play. It was so neat to be there again. God has brought us so far. I'm sure none of our families or friends really believed that we would end up married with children. But, God had big plans for us and He filled our hearts with dreams of those plans at an early age. How amazing it is to look back and see all that He has accomplished already in our lives. Seeing our sweet boys play in that same triangle today just reminded me of God's goodness and His good plans for His children.

The boys are riding around the triangle on their bikes!
Bryan had to join in the fun on Dylan's scooter! Haha
I had to add a picture of Allison at the triangle....big belly!!
Sweet Evan riding his tricycle. He went around a dozen times at least!
Dylan found a buddy. They are picking Honey Suckles together.
Evan wanted to try some Honey Suckles too!
They had so much fun at the triangle!
Bryan and me standing beneath the tree we spent hours under as teenagers.
The tree has grown quite a bit!
Today I am thankful for the memories Bryan and I share in the triangle. I'm thankful for the ability to take our boys to ride their bikes in the same place we used to ride ours. Mostly, I'm grateful for all that God has done for Bryan and I and our sweet little ones since those days sitting below that tree. We are living the life we used to dream about. Oh, my God is so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes