11 Minutes of Bliss

This afternoon, after Dylan and I finished our school work, I sat outside all by myself while Evan took a nap. I ate a bowl of ice cream, rocked in the rocking chair, and spent some time in prayer. It didn't last long. In fact, it was a total of only 11 minutes before my alone time was interrupted. I must say though, it was 11 minutes of pure bliss. The weather was absolutely perfect. The deck is shaded so it wasn't too hot and the gentle breeze kept blowing in my hair. I could hear little birds singing in the trees and small animals rustling in the woods nearby. It was so peaceful.

Today I am thankful for 11 minutes of bliss. It wasn't long but it was just what I needed. Our lives are somewhat crazy right now with our big move coming up, finishing up the end of Dylan's 1st grade homeschool year and preparing for our sweet baby girl.  Plus, this pregnancy is exhausting and causing so much back pain. I just needed some time to refocus and relax. My Heavenly Father is so faithful to provide exactly what I need, when I need it!

Thank you, Father, for the beautiful world You created and for allowing me to quietly enjoy it for a few minutes today. Thank You for being so aware of exactly what I need.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes