Happy Mom's Day!

Today has been a wonderful day! I had a terrific time celebrating Mom's Day (as Dylan wrote in his card) with my 2 little guys. They gave me cards, new shoes, flowers, dinner out and the best gift of all... Evan told me he had to go poopoo in the potty and then he did! When you're the Mommy of a 2 year old with another baby on the way, poopoo INSIDE the potty is an amazing gift! We ended the day laying in the bed together. When I asked Dylan if he was wanted to play with his Leappad for a few minutes he responded by saying, "Laying with you is better than playing on my Leappad any day!" Oh how that warmed my heart. I love these sweet little boys and the fact that they love me so much constantly blows my mind. 

When I was a little girl I played with baby dolls all the time. I've always wanted to be a Mommy. Even though its always been something I've wanted to experience, I didn't truly understand how wonderful motherhood could be until I became a Mommy.  With each child comes a different facet of being a mother. Somehow Mommies become these people they never knew they could be. We love in ways we never knew we were capable of. We worry in ways we never thought possible. And we have deep hopes and dreams that don't even apply to our lives, but instead they're for our children's lives. As much as I love being a Mommy on this Mom's Day, I can't even imagine how I'll feel next year when our little girl has been added to the family. These little lives are such blessings. I cannot believe God has allowed me to be woman that leads, protects, nurtures, and loves these children. I don't feel worthy of this honor but I'm forever grateful that God will equip me and use me in their lives. 

2 of God's greatest blessings...they call me "Mommy!"
They love kissing their baby sister, Allison Elizabeth


While I enjoy being pampered on Mother's Day, I see it as a time to reflect on what an amazing gift motherhood is. Mothers do deserve some recognition but I pray that as mothers, we'll also remember that being a mother is an exquisite gift from our Heavenly Father. Its a gift that many are not given, some throw away, and others take completely for granted.  Today I am grateful that God chose me to be the mother to Dylan, Evan, and soon Allison. He could have chosen anyone but He has given me this privilege. I am also thankful for all the many ways He guides me, sustains me, and helps me as a mom. This is a ridiculously hard job and on my own, I mess up all the time. I praise God for His faithfulness to enable me to be the mom He created me to be. Being a mommy is the most important job I'll ever have. I'm so grateful that God hasn't left me to do it alone. I'm so grateful for the blessing of being a Mommy!

Happy Mom's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes