"....lovesssss"

Bryan and I believe that it is important to hide God's world in our hearts, just as Psalm 119:11 says. So we've been helping Dylan to memorize scripture for some time now. He knows at least 25 verses already. Yesterday we thought it might be time to start helping Evan memorize a verse. He is only 2 1/2 so our expectations were low. Last night we abbreviated 1 John 4:8 and taught it to Evan. Tonight we asked him if he remembered his verse. He looked a little confused so I said, "God is...." and he finished my sentence with "Lovesssss." (Everything has sssss on the end these days!)

Of course we squealed and said, "Yes, God is love!!!" Evan repeated it a few times and was so proud of himself! I couldn't have been more excited to hear my littlest guy saying his first memory verse! 

Today I am thankful for the freedom to teach these little guys the importance of memorizing God's Word. It's such a blessing to hear them recalling scripture. These days there are so many things the world would love to fill their minds with, I'm grateful that they are learning God's Word and the importance of hiding it in their hearts. Its my prayer that they will always memorize scripture and that God will cause it to come to their minds in countless situations throughout their lives. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes