We started homeschool!

We started homeschool today! I think I had as much (or possibly more) fun than Dylan did. I was impressed with how Dylan caught on to the activities, songs, and transitions. He really did a great job! I was also amazed with how much we were able to accomplish in such a short period of time. It used to take me 2 days in the classroom to complete what we did in 2 hours today. I also truly enjoyed teaching from the Bible and beginning our day with prayer. That's something I never got to do with my students in the past. 

I would have never dreamed of being a homeschooling Mommy. I used to laugh at that idea, but God has a way of changing people's hearts and attitudes. After much prayer and a whole lot of planning, I am happy to say that my first day as a homeschooling Mommy was wonderful! God sure does know what He is doing! 

Today I am thankful for an exciting beginning to our first year of homeschool. I am also grateful that Dylan enjoyed it so much. This evening, after dinner, Dylan was pouting so I asked him if he wanted to play in his room or read books or draw a picture, etc. He said, "No, I'm just ready to do homeschool again!" During his bedtime prayers, Dylan thanked God for homeschool! Hearing that warmed my heart. For five years I loved teaching Kindergarten and first grade kids. Today I got experience teaching MY OWN Kindergartener. That was even better! I am so thankful that God has blessed me with this opportunity!

My Big Kindergartener!

Our homeschool closet- I really hope to have a in-home classroom
one day but we're making this work for now.

We started with Bible Time.
Dylan is working on a Creation Book as we read Genesis 1.

Dylan's Calendar Notebook
Here he made 3 cents because today is September 3.

Dylan loves to write numbers!

Writing Time-
Dylan wrote "I like transformers."
He is an illustrator too!
Making words with magnets.



I would have never dreamed of being a homeschooling Mom
but I'm pretty sure that this is gonna be fun!



Comments

  1. We had our first day today. I am homeschooling 4. 2 never went to school while the other 2 we pulled out of public school. God bless you for following Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! Good luck to you as well, especially with four! I am certain He will bless you for willingness to follow Him, especially when it isn't easy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes