SURPRISE!!!!!

A couple of weeks ago Bryan told me that he wanted to take me somewhere fancy for dinner to celebrate my birthday. He also said that I needed to get dressed up....really dressed up....like for prom! I have been super excited since he told me because I love any reason to get dressed up! Stay-at-home-Mommies don't get that opportunity very often! So yesterday afternoon, while juggling a 10 month old and 4 year old, I managed to get ready for the "prom." When Bryan got home we rushed out the door for our "date." He blind folded me and drove to a mysterious location. Once we got out of the car he lead me up a walk-way and into a building. When we finally reached the room, he removed the blind fold and I saw a huge banner that said, "Welcome to Tori's 30th Birthday-Hollywood Lies-Murder Mystery Party!" I was immediately blown away. It took me a minute but I realized that he had planned a BIG surprise party for me! I looked around at all the decorations, the food, the props and the red carpet and my eyes just filled with tears! I couldn't believe how much he had done for me. 

He brought me to the party early so that I would have time to read up on my character  and the plot for the Murder Mystery "Hollywood Lies." I was "Crystal Beech." It was award night and Tom Speed’s latest film, Dazzled to Death, had just swept the board and earnered five “Erics” – for Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director and Best Screenplay. Sadly, Tom was killed in a driving accident the night before. Despite this note of sadness, celebrations were in full swing at the Dazzled to Death post-award party. Deals are being cut for future productions and everyone is having a good time enjoying the atmosphere and mingling with Hollywood’s movers and shakers. So, as the characters in this mystery, my friends and I would have to figure out who killed Tom Speed!

I was thrilled to see my friends arrive one by one. They all dressed the part, just like me! We mingled for a while and then the fun began! It was so much fun to see everyone slip into their characters. As we intereviewed one another, told secrets, discovered lies, and uncovered evidence, we also had to make a new film with a producer, director, and at least 2 actors. At the end of the night we had to act out a scene from our film. It was hilarious! Only 3 people discovered who the murderer was. My friend, Mary, did a great job in this sneaky role!

My 30th Birthday was wonderful! I am so impressed with my husband! He threw me the most elaborate surprise party I've ever been to. It was so classy, thoughtful, organized, and fun! The amount of work that went into this party is unreal. I can't believe he was able to accomplish it all without me having a clue! He did have some help...Jordan and Shanna, two of our best friends, made all the food. They did a terrific job! I loved every bit of it!

My heart overflows with gratitude today. I have never felt so loved and cared for. Bryan went "all-out" for this one! My friends did too! They were all dressed up and prepared for the murder mystery. It was amazing! I was astonished by this extravagant show of love for me! I don't deserve this but I am so grateful for it! Thank you Bryan! Thank you Jordan and Shanna! Thank you to all my friends who made this night so exciting! I am also thankful that everyone kept this secret for so long. Bryan has been planning this for months and no one spilled the beans!

My heart is also flooded with thankfulness to my Heavenly Father because I know "every good and perfect gift is from above" James 1:17a. My God has blessed me with a remarkable husband. I also have the best family and friends a girl could ever ask for. I will never be able to truly express my gratitude for the millions of blessings my Lord has bestowed upon me! 

Ready for our big date (or what I thought was our big date.)
The blind fold.....Bryan made this one with my sunglasses
so my hair wouldn't get messed up. Wasn't that sweet?
Welcome to the Murder Mystery Party!

Can you tell how much I love this man? I can't believe he did this for me.
The whole crew
We had SOOOOO much fun.

Thank you Jordan and Shanna for all the yummy food. It was fantastic.
Haha...Crystal Beech and the Master of Ceremonies




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes