Reflecting Jesus

This week during home school we have been studying the moon. We've been learning that the moon has no light of its own. We only see light from the moon because it is reflecting the sun. Our Bible truth last week was "Jesus is the light of the world." Our Bible truth this week is "I am the light of the world." We have been learning that as we learn more about Jesus and grow closer to Him, we begin to reflect Jesus and His love, just like the moon reflects the sun. Since we are reflections of Jesus and His love, Dylan and I came up with some ways to show love to those around us today.

Together, Dylan and I decided to make cookies for our mailman and our next door neighbor, Mr. Ricky. Dylan also decided to write notes for them so that he could tell them that Jesus loves them. We also decided that it might be a great idea to send a card to Dylan's cousin, Hayden, and invite him to church with us. We spent the afternoon making cookies and writing cards. Dylan was so excited about it! When I asked him why we were doing these acts of kindness, he responded by saying, "We're reflecting Jesus!"

Today I am thankful for the opportunity to share these Bible truths with my son. I never had the opportunity to teach these wonderful truths to my students in the past so this is thrilling for me. I'm also grateful that Dylan has such a kind heart. He was so happy to do something to show love for others. I hope he will always strive to reflect Jesus. Mostly, I am grateful for the ability to have a relationship with the One who created love. As I grow closer to Him, I am more and more amazed by His love for us. Even though it is often very difficult, I want to continuously reflect the love Jesus has for us. 

He was so excited!


Dylan's note to the mailman.

Writing a note to his cousin, Hayden


Isn't it so cute?

We prayed over our cards when they were done. Dylan prayed
that everyone we're giving them to would know how much
Jesus loves them.

Making cookies for Mr. Ricky and the Mailman

The cookies and cards are ready. We'll hand them out tomorrow.
Hayden's card will be in the mail too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes