"You Confident Me!"

My sweet seven year old, Evan, has been having a hard time making good choices lately. Just like every little boy, he has a hard time obeying mom and dad when there is something else he wants to do. Therefore, there have been some consequences. Tonight I had the opportunity to talk with him for a while. He expressed some concerns which caused me to realize that the enemy doesn't just aggravate adults, he is at work in the minds of our children as well!




So, I boldly spoke truth over Evan! I reminded him that he is a child of the One True King and that God made him to brave, strong, obedient, kind, courageous, and full of the Holy Spirit. I told him that he was born for a purpose and God has big beautiful plans for him. I reminded him that God imparts the fruits of the Spirit to him so he is full of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control. 

Evan looked at me and said, "Mom, now that you have confident me, I know I can be obedient and the enemy can't make me believe otherwise!"

He wasn't sure how to say it but it warmed my heart so much to know that I had given him confidence by reminding him who he REALLY is. Sometimes we all need to be reminded that the lies the enemy has told us are just that--lies. Who we are is determined by the One who created us. 

Today I am grateful for the ability to speak truth over my children. Seeing how Evan was impacted by my words stirred up something within me. As his mom, I have the ability to give him confidence every day. The words I speak over him can change the way he sees himself and help him believe truth instead of lies. That is powerful! That is big! That is worth my time, for sure!

Mommas, I want to challenge you (and myself) to boldly speak truth over your children. Remind them who they are in Jesus Christ. Give them scriptures to cling to and promises to rely on. Tell them things God has told you about their future and words He has given you about who they REALLY are. Don't be shy and don't be afraid. Your boldness will yield confidence and our children desperately need confidence as they grow into the men and women God has created them to be!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes