So Long 2018!

When I think of 2018, the first thing that comes to mind is being diagnosed with an incurable, debilitating auto-immune disorder. That specific thing tries to cloud over the year and say, "2018 wasn't a good year." But when I take a few minutes to consider all the good that has happened this year, I remember so many sweet moments! 2018 had a few not-so-good days but overall, it was a really wonderful year for our family!


Bryan and I traveled to Gatlinburg for a long weekend away! We had a great time together.
We even went zip lining!
As a family, we traveled to Branson, Missouri. We had so much fun together. We saw shows and rode on a Duck Boat and visited an aquarium. In this photo, we traveled by golf cart through the Lost Canyon Trail. It was beautiful!



After being diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis, I had a lot of really bad days because of my medication. My sweet family took such good care of me!
We spent a lot of time this year making crafts and doing fun activities together as a family!



This was our first year homeschooling 3 kiddos! Dylan started 6th grade, Evan started 2nd, and Tyson started Pre-K.

This year I began a Homeschooling Co-op at HopeCity. This was totally God's idea and it was a good one! I'm so grateful He has allowed me to be a part of it! Students of the Spirit is such an amazing group of people seeking after God and His will for our families!

Allison turned 1 year old this year!!!! 

This year I began a super duper fun event!!! The High Point Quarter Auction has been a blast for all involved!!!! We had 3 Quarter Auctions this year!

We went to several fun field trips this year. This one was too Zootastic!

We took the kids to Port St Lucie in October! It was Tyson and Allison's first time at the beach!
We witnessed so many gorgeous sunsets and countless other things that pointed to God's glory!! 
I love seeing God's creativity!! I am always in awe of Him!



Bryan and I celebrated 14 years of marriage this year! I think my illness has caused us to grow closer than ever. He also started a new job at the end of this year! I'm so proud of him!


My parents sold the house I grew up in earlier this year. It was bittersweet. Its hard to say good-bye to the house you've always known as home but it helped me heal and grow in ways I didn't even know I needed to. 


We transformed into Star Wars characters for a night! It was a blast!

We had a wonderful Christmas together, celebrating the birth of our Savior!



This year has had some low points but the high points definitely outweigh those. Each member of the Shaw family has grown and changed and become more of the person God created us to be. Today I am grateful for all the beautiful memories we made this year and all the ways God has been in at work in our lives! This year was full so many good things! I'm looking forward to what 2019 has in store!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes