Students of the Spirit!


This morning was the beginning of the third semester of Students of the Spirit! I began this homeschool co-op in February of 2018. It was totally God's idea and He led the way, for sure! I'm still unsure how this all came together. With the help of several special people, Students of the Spirit has become a beautiful opportunity for our homeschool students to understand and experience what it means to live in the fullness of the Holy Spirit. 

We worship together as a group then the kids split up into three groups according to grade level. They have a "Worship through Art" class, a "Bible Education" class, and the opportunity to hear from a guest speaker.  This is someone in our community who allows the Holy Spirit to lead them throughout their daily life. This semester the students will hear from Missionaries, a Prophetic Dancer, a WWII Veteran, an Advocate for the Vulnerable, a Blogger, an Aroma Touch Therapist, and a former Public Assitant Principal. All of these folks allow the Holy Spirit to use them and they are eager to share with our students!

The moms also enjoy Tuesday mornings! We have two full hours of adult fellowship and coffee! A special guest comes each week to share words of encouragement with us, too. We spend time in prayer and we almost always laugh and definitely shed a few tears. It's just something us moms do! 


Bible Education Class 

Worship Through Art Class


Experiencing Prophetic Dance!

Today I am grateful that God has allowed me to be in charge of something so incredible! When He gave me the idea for this "not your normal co-op," I could have never imagined how wonderful it would be!  Students of the Spirit is an environment where students can explore their personal gifts and talents, allowing the Holy Spirit to teach them how best to use those gifts in daily life. I'm not sure why He chose me to lead this but I am forever thankful that I get a front row seat as God uses this co-op to help these students and families grow spiritually. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes