A Cheerful Giver!



This afternoon I told Evan that his screen time was over. He responded by whining about having nothing to do. So, I listed off several things that he could do including drawing, legos, board games, play dough, etc. He quickly said, "Mom, those things are from the olden days. No one wants to do that stuff when they could play an Xbox or Nintendo DS."  I could barely contain my laughter! He is so funny! His "boredom" reminded of a project we had bought the materials for but never done. 

Evan is a giver. He loves to give gifts and cards and really anything that will make others happy. He has a box of materials that he uses to make gifts for others anytime he desires. This new gift is simple and fun and he is so excited about making these for family and friends. He made the first one this evening for his dad! 

The final product!! A key chain that says, "Best Dad!"








Bryan loved it! 

Today I am grateful for this sweet boy with such a giving spirit. He literally asked to give some of his toys away the day after Christmas....his new toys! He is just so precious! I am also thankful for all the little lessons God teaches me through him and his siblings. 

"Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes