Altogether Beautiful

Isn't funny how we change as we get older? When I look at pictures from my early twenties, I am usually just amazed! I was so hard on myself back then. I always said the meanest things to myself.  After having four babies and suffering daily from a terrible auto-immune disorder, I wish I looked like I did back then! I wish I could go back in time and tell myself how pretty I was! 

Lately, God has been teaching me so much about beauty. He's given me a new definition of beauty. In fact, He's helped me to see that I've never known what beauty truly is. My view of beauty has been very distorted. 

Ankylosing Spondylitis can wreak havoc on a healthy body.  I feel different and look different after fighting this disease for 10 years while undiagnosed. Now that I have a treatment plan, I'm hoping the progression of the disease will slow down significantly and I'll be able to feel better. But, no matter what, I will never feel the way I use to feel and I will never look the way I used to look. Which is why I believe God is teaching me so much about beauty.

As I've been exploring what beauty really means, a new opportunity surfaced in my life. I was invited to help an established beauty line launch into the direct sales world. After much prayer, I have resigned from KEEP Collective and have begun a new journey with Luminess Beauty, as one of the first consultants on the East Coast. Luminess has the #1 airbrush system in the world, giving the average woman the ability to have flawless make-up. It's easy to apply and looks great, regardless of one's skill level. Not only is the out of my comfort zone, but its also a leap of faith! I've never really worn make-up and I am definitely not confident in myself because I've never really felt beautiful. Even when I was a gorgeous 20-year old that weighed 105 pounds, I focused on the things I didn't like about myself. God has brought me to this place because its time for me to view beauty in a new way and help other women to as well. I pray that Luminess will give me the opportunity to help women feel as beautiful as they are!



As I've been transitioning into this new chapter and taken on this exciting adventure, God has shown me exactly how He feels about me (and you). While walking through Hobby Lobby recently, I saw this photo with a verse sort of hidden behind another photo. The verse was Song of Solomon 4:7, which says, "You are altogether beautiful, my darling. There is no flaw within you." That verse spoke right to my heart. That is the way our Father sees us and that is the way we should see ourselves!

Today I am grateful for a brand new, exciting opportunity with Luminess Beauty. I never, ever thought I would sell make-up but for me, it's so much more than that. It's getting past the world's view of beauty and realizing that I am valuable enough to FEEL beautiful also. And so are you! That change in perspective is huge for me! I'm so excited to share Luminess with other women and to encourage them to embrace their beauty as well.

If you'd like to learn more about Luminess Beauty please check out my website and my facebook group! I would love to talk to you more about it as well!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes