Now you can HEAR my story!

Last May I finally told a secret I had been hiding for 17 years. It was so scary but I knew God wanted for me to open up about my secret, so that I could finally live in the freedom and forgiveness He has given me. Transparency isn't easy but is what our world needs more of.  Since I shared my story, I have felt like a different person. I no longer walk in shame and guilt. I no longer worry what other folks think of me and I can almost FEEL God smiling down on me. I know He is pleased with my obedience and that feels incredible!

I was recently asked to share my story on Tales of the Revolution, a podcast by Jason Vreeke. I'll be honest, I was nervous and even now, hearing my voice say the words out loud, is difficult for me but, I am  honored to have had the opportunity to share my story and my prayer is that God will use it in a HUGE way!


Today I am grateful for all that God has already done through my story and all that He will continue to do. Of course, I do sometimes wish I had a different story to tell but I know there are women everywhere who might be dealing with the same situation.....so, I'll tell it! Not because I want folks to hear my voice but because my Jesus has redeemed my life in a way only HE can do and I desperately want that for others! My prayer is that no matter what choices have been made or what has happened in the past, women who hear my story will know that there is no condemnation in Jesus Christ and that the shame that covers them can be wiped away. I never, ever thought I would be grateful for what happened when I was 16, but today I am grateful for the beauty that God is bringing from those ashes! I'm thankful that He is using my story to help others!

Tales of the Revolution website: http://www.talesoftherevolution.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes