It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

 The Shaw Family absolutely looooooves Christmas! I think each of us would say it's our favorite holiday! The boys have been asking me to decorate since November 1st. I wasn't quite ready since I've been feeling sort of puny, but yesterday, I gave in and we started decorating! 

Tonight we finished the last tree and put all the boxes back in the attic. It feels so good once its all done! I had fun decorating this year, pulling out some Christmas decor that was my mom's when she was younger and some that belonged to my Grandmother. I even have one nativity set that was hand painted in 1930 in Italy, it belonged to my Great Grandmother.  I love having these special things that have been in the family for so long! I also enjoyed looking at the different ornaments and crafts that my boys have made in years past. I try to make something different each year. I love putting those special decorations out! I was thinking as we hung our stockings and put up ornaments, how exciting it is that next year, we'll have another little person here celebrating with us! We'll have to make some fun crafts to mark his or her first Christmas!!

We were soooo excited to put up the sixth stocking, even though
it doesn't have a name on it yet!
The boys had a great time decorating the tree!
Thank goodness we have shatter-proof ornaments!
We always put the Polar Express Lionel Train around the Christmas tree.
Tyson was absolutely amazed by it! It's a hit for all our boys!
Then we put our gifts around the tree so that Tyson can't
play with the train! It's still there and easily turned on, but he can't get to it!
Hahaha

Today I am thankful for the excitement and joy on my children's faces as we decorated for Christmas this weekend. To be honest, I can't believe its the end of November! This year has flown by! And with the morning sickness and fatigue, it just doesn't seem like its time for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Seeing their little faces and seeing them so happy has made me feel excited about Christmas too! I may not have the energy to do everything I usually do but I can't wait to experience this season with my fellas!! I am also grateful for answered prayers. God continues to bless me with much, much better days than I've had in the first trimester of my previous pregnancies. I've been able to do much more this go 'round. He hears and He answers and I am so grateful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes