A FULL Heart!

"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

It's God's will that His children be thankful in all circumstances. That is really the point of this blog. It's hard to believe but I started writing A Life Of Gratitude in 2011. That's five years of being more aware of God's goodness and continuously sharing all the things I am grateful for. Honestly, it has changed me. Searching for things to be grateful for, in all situations, will make you a happier, more content, easy-going person. Looking for beauty in life instead of things to complain about, will make you more positive and light-hearted. Maybe that's why it's God's will for us. He wants what's best for us and He knows that gratitude changes things!

Thanksgiving Day is a time for us to ponder all the things we have to be thankful for and to spend time with the folks that help make life so special. For me, pondering what I'm thankful for has become a daily activity so Thanksgiving is a chance to go much deeper. Today, I have tried to soak in each moment and relish in the blessings God has given me. Today I realized that being thankful has caused my heart to FULL!

I spent the morning with my 3 little boys and my wonderful husband. I enjoyed snuggling with them on the couch, putting up Christmas lights, and working together to make deviled eggs. My precious Evan took care of me when I wasn't feeling well and prayed for me to feel better. We spent the evening with family and tons of food and celebrated Bryan's grandmother's 80th birthday. Now I end the day sitting on the couch beside the love of my life with my puppy dog curled up beside me. It's been a good, good day.

I am thankful for all of those things on the surface but even more than that, my heart is FULL of gratitude for the path my God has laid out for me. I'll be honest, when I was younger, I had a whole lot of plans for myself that didn't necessarily resemble the way my life looks now. I never imagined homeschooling. Never dreamed I have 4 children! I thought I would teach in a public setting until I got old enough to retire. And Bryan and I always imagined we would move up North. Needless to say, we live in the south, I haven't taught in a public setting in 7 years, I am pregnant with my 4th child, and I homeschool my children. All I have to say is....God's plans are better than mine! I wouldn't change a thing! He knows what is best and I am so grateful that things turned out His way instead of mine!

My heart is so FULL! God has filled me to the brim! He has given me so much. I've written about those gifts for 5 years and I'm not ready to stop! It is His will that I be thankful and that's exactly what I am! 

Thank You for all You've given me! Thank You for being in control and leading me in the right direction. Thank You for the peace and contentment You've placed in my heart and for the life You've given me to live. Thank You for my husband and my sweet boys. Thank You for the life we are enjoying together. Thank You for this unborn life within me and all the plans You have for him/her. Thank You for proving to me that You are trustworthy. I can trust You with my life, with my children, with my marriage, with my dreams. Thank You Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes