A sweet, sweet sound!



I had my 12 week check up today. All was going well until the doctor couldn't find the baby's heart beat. My heart nearly stopped beating as I listened but didn't hear that sweet little thumping sound.  I prayed and prayed as I waited on the ultrasound technician to do an unscheduled ultrasound. My mind was whirling, playing out all sorts of scenarios, worrying about how my boys would react, and struggling not to let fear take over.

Out of nowhere I felt a peace come over me. I know the Holy Spirit was right there with me. Suddenly I wasn't afraid, just excited to see my baby on the ultrasound. As she started the sonogram, I saw my teensy baby wiggling all around. And then, that amazing sound....the heartbeat!!! 170 beats per minute to be exact!! My heart nearly burst with excitement as she measured the baby and I watched its legs kick around. 

Today I am incredibly grateful for my baby's heart beat! As an expecting Mommy, you always wonder how things are going in there...how the baby's doing. There is also a lot worrying that the worst may happen, especially when its happened before. So, hearing that sweet sound is music to a Mommy's ears and seeing an ultrasound is even better! I am also thankful that the Holy Spirit is with me, always. When things feel scary or uncertain, He is my peace! He comforts me and helps me and I am so grateful to have Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes