Saying TTFN to our KEEP sister

Before my sweet friend and fellow KEEP designer passed away, she was sooooo excited about going to HOOPLA with me this summer! HOOPLA is KEEP Collective's annual conference and it is so much fun! Lauren and I had spoken numerous times about how much we were looking forward to seeing one another at HOOPLA. 

When she passed away, my heart was broken for so many reasons, but especially because I knew I would be going to HOOPLA without her. That's when I decided that I would take her with me! I wore her picture on my keeper the entire time. She went to every celebration, every training, and even walked across the stage with me! 




 During our closing session, one of KEEP's leaders, Mike Lohner, shared some very sweet words about Lauren and her family. Tyler, her husband, was able to be there also. After the session ended, our KEEP team took some photos with Tyler, wearing the "Just Breathe" shirts in memory of Lauren. I cried a million tears seeing them all there wearing those shirts and missing my sweet friend. She wasn't there in flesh, but this was truly a blessing, to see so many ladies honoring Lauren.







Later that day my friend, Katie, and I decided to say farewell to Lauren with a balloon release. I wrote "TTFN" on a balloon because that is what Lauren had written in my yearbook when we were in elementary school. "Ta Ta For Now" is perfect for this farewell because I know that I will see my friend again! We released the balloons at one of Lauren's favorite places, Saint Mary's Chapel, where she and Tyler got married. It was such a special time.







Even now, my eyes flood with tears. I am so grateful that I will see Lauren again. Because of Jesus' death on the cross and Lauren's belief in Him, I know I will see her again one day in Heaven! But its still so sad. I cried buckets of tears while at HOOPLA but I am so thankful that I could take her with me. I am also overwhelmed by the love my KEEP sisters showed me while at HOOPLA. I felt so loved and cared for while they all hugged me and cried with me. I will never be able to express my gratitude for my KEEP family!!!!

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful tribute. So much love , God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes