Family Traditions!

After church today we ate lunch and had a mandatory nap day (which I highly recommend for anyone with little kids!) Then we spent the rest of the day making Moravian cookies. This family tradition was started by my grandmother years and years ago. I remember going to her house every Christmas to make Moravian cookies. Those are such precious memories for me. Now that she has passed away, I enjoy carrying on this tradition with my boys. We even get to use my grandmother's rolling pin and cookie cutters while making our cookies! That makes it even more special for me!

Dylan has enjoyed making these cookies for a few years now but this was the first year that Evan really got to help with each step of the process....and boy, did he enjoy it! We literally spent hours making these cookies and he helped me the entire time. He was such a good helper! By the time we were finished, he was covered in flour! 









Today I am thankful for family traditions. Making Moravian cookies has always been a part of Christmas for me so I love getting to make them with my littles. I also love the sweet memories that flood my mind when I use my grandmother's rolling pin and cookie cutters. I hope my boys always have sweet memories too. I am also grateful for the fun time I had with Evan tonight. He was a terrific sidekick and we had a great time together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes