A Christmas Eve Gift

I know most people open their Christmas gifts on Christmas Day but Evan just could not wait one minute longer to give me the gift he picked out for me.  Bryan and Evan bought this gift over a month ago when we were in Pennsylvania and has asked to give it to me nearly a hundred times probably! He's been so patient but he could barely stand it any longer. So today, I got the sweetest Christmas Eve gift from my Evan! 

When he asked, "Can I please give you your present now?" I said, "Ok, we'll open just one present today." He was thrilled!!!  He excitedly ran to get the gift. His eyes were so full of joy as he watched me open it. He couldn't wait for me to put it on and he was so proud when I said that I absolutely loved it! He quickly told me, "I picked out a heart because you are my sweetheart and I know you love necklaces!" My heart bubbled over with love and gratitude for this little fella. He picked this present especially for me, because he loves me and I'm his sweetheart. (He calls me sweetheart all the time!) He put a lot of thought into this special gift and Bryan said that Evan was adamant that this was the perfect one. He had to help wrap it and write his name on the tag. It was a very special gift!!!! I will treasure it always!



Today I am grateful for this thoughtful and beautiful gift from Evan. He has such a giving spirit. He is always giving to others and is very selfless and kind. It warms my heart so much to watch his face light up when he is able to bless someone else. This afternoon his great grandmother gave him several one dollar bills and within minutes, he was giving those dollar bills to everyone in the room. None of us wanted to take his money, of course, but if when we pretended to, Evan smiled from ear to ear! I am thankful for the unique, lovely qualities that God has given each of my children. I love watching them grow into the boys He made them to be.

My Christmas Eve was very special. I hope yours was too! Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes