Greater

Dylan has a new favorite song. It's "Greater" by Mercy Me. He has been singing it all evening. After hearing him sing it forty three times I finally used my phone to play the song so he could hear it. It was so cute to hear him singing along. Even Evan was bobbing his head. I loved hearing Dylan singing, "Cause I hear a voice and He calls me redeemed when others say I'll never be enough. Greater is the One living inside of me than he is who living in the world."

As I listened to the song I noticed some lyrics that I hadn't heard before. My favorite lines say, "There'll be days I lose the battle. Grace says it doesn't matter cause the cross has already won the war. He's greater. He's greater.  I am learning to run freely understanding how he sees me and it makes me love Him more and more. He's greater. He's greater."

Today I am grateful for Dylan's little voice singing these precious words of truth all evening. Greater is He that is in me than he who is in the world. Its easy to forget that Jesus is alive within me! Each and every moment, He is with me and He is greater than anything of this world. I am also thankful for the reminder that there'll be days that don't go as we hope but grace says its ok. The cross has won. I don't have to be perfect or get everything right. I can stop being so hard on myself. And it's true, for me at least, that I'm still learning to truly understand how God sees me. As I grow in that understanding, it changes everything because His opinion is greater than anyone elses, including my own. There is so much freedom in that truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes