You don't even need to fight....


"But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lord’s victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!” 2 Chronicles 20:17

I heard the verse above this morning at church and immediately knew that I wanted to read more about it and share it in my blog tonight. I think its a verse that so many of us need to hear!  

In this chapter, a vast army is coming against the people of Judah. They are scared to death. There is no way they can win against this army on their own. So, they came to the House of the Lord to seek God's help. The Spirit of Lord came upon a man Jahaziel and the man began to speak. He told the people that they didn't even need to fight. He told them to stand watch and they would see the Lord's victory. The people were so amazed and touched by these words that they fell to the ground and worshiped the Lord. And the next day, as the people of Judah walked to where the "war" should have taken place, all they found was dead bodies. God had fought for them and He had won the victory!

I know most of us don't actually fight against vast armies but sometimes it feels that way. There are so many people who are currently dealing with heartache, disease, financial struggles, the loss of a loved one, infertility, loneliness, job loss, etc. It doesn't matter what the "army" looks like, it feels impossible to defeat. I believe 2 Chronicles 20:17 can apply to our situations too. We think we need to "do" something. To make certain choices or research and find answers, to say the right thing or act a certain way but really, if we give it over to the Lord and trust Him, we can watch HIM win the victory! 

Today I am thankful that even when we feel like the "army" is too vast and we feel too weak, God is telling us to just stand still, in our faith, and watch Him take care of things. I am grateful that it doesn't depend on me to say or do the right thing. I'm thankful that He is with me as I go out tomorrow and face whatever may come. Sometimes it feels like life is a constant battle but the Lord doesn't even want me to fight. He is here, ready to win the victory for me and for you! Hallelujah!

Comments

  1. Thank you Tori..this really spoke to me this morning. My husband and I are going through a "rough "patch but I am going to rest on this passage of scripture and pray it through the say. I haven't followed your blog for ages..I can't believe it's been more than 2 years as I see you are expecting your precious baby girl. Bless you and your family and your faithfulness to Him. Love from Christine in Gravesend kent England xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Thank you so much for commenting. I am grateful that God used these words to minister to you. I'm so glad you came across my blog again =)
      Prayers for you and your husband!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes