In His Own Words.....


Part of Dylan's homeschool work today was to write an Apologia of Faith. Apologia is the word "defense" in Greek so basically, Dylan was challenged to defend his faith on paper! I was excited about this assignment because I think its important for all Christians to truly understand what they believe and be able to defend it. We talked it about a little before he started writing but I left the room and he completed the assignment alone. 

I am so happy with his written defense of his faith! My favorite part is when he writes, "Jesus showed us He was Christ, then He died on the cross to cover sin with His blood and that blood would not dry up! He wouldn't have to do it again!"

He's soooo right! What Jesus did, He did once and for all! His blood will never dry up! He will never have to to die on the cross again! The blood will continue to cover our sins until He takes us to Heaven! What a sweet blessing that is! 

Today I am thankful that my sweet boy knows what Jesus did for him. He understands that Jesus' death on the cross is final and its the only way to enter into Heaven. Dylan knows what He believes and can defend his faith in His own words. That just makes my heart so happy. I pray that his faith will continue to grow as he walks with Jesus! I am also grateful for the ability to homeschool my kids. This exercise was a part of his Science curriculum. I love that everything he is learning is based on the Gospel and the truth found in the Bible! I am so glad God led our family in this direction! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes