FREEDOM!

 On this Easter Sunday, I am grateful for freedom! While we typically focus a little too much on eggs and bunnies, Easter is all about our POWERFUL God! And Jesus' death and resurrection are all about freedom! Freedom from the sin that so easily entangles us and the death that we deserve. Freedom from the shame and fear that engulfs us. Freedom from the finality of death and loss. Freedom from bondage and guilt and addiction. Freedom from all the burdens of our old lives because Jesus made a way..... because of our Jesus, we have NEW LIFE!! The old has gone and the new has come! There is no reason for us to walk around covered in shame because of our past or fear because of our future. Our mighty God has totally revived us and the power that raised Jesus from the dead lives in us! Hallelujah!

During our church service this morning, an artist created a large finger painting while the band played worship music. We all sang along and watched this man worship God through creative expression. It was incredible and the final product is beautiful! As I watched that plain black poster board turn into something so lovely, God pointed out to me that it was a wonderful illustration of what He does for you and me, through Jesus, when we believe. He takes the dull, black, purposeless, frame of a person and turns us into a child of God, full of life and love and power....just like that painting!





Our church had 3 Easter services this weekend. One on Saturday night and two this morning. Can you believe that just this weekend, 22 people accepted the FREEDOM that Jesus provided by His death, burial, and resurrection? 22 People are no longer slaves to temptation and sin! 22 people have been born again and have a life of joy and power ahead of them! That is amazing! 



Like I said, today I am grateful for the freedom that Jesus has given me. Sometimes I'm tempted to pick up the shame or fear again and carry it around with me but I don't have to! Because of what Jesus has done, I am a FREE daughter of the King. I can walk with in power and confidence. I am also thankful for the 22 lives that were forever changed this weekend. I am overjoyed to be a part of a church family that is sharing this good news so boldly. I love seeing lives changed and Jesus being exalted!

Happy Easter Friends!
Go live in the FREEDOM Christ has given you this week! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes