Easter Traditions!

Does anyone else feel like Easter just sort of sneaked up on us this year? Our family enjoys celebrating Easter each year and we always begin with dying Easter eggs. This afternoon we spent some time together doing just that! The kids had a lot of fun and made a pretty big mess too!



Tyson had the plastic eggs!

Tyson looks excited huh? 
We made a mess....
The finished product.....
Doing our family devotions....such big boys!
After we cleaned up the eggs and food coloring, we did the first of our Easter week family devotions. I love that Dylan is old enough to read the scripture for us now. Evan listened to his big brother so intently. Tonight we learned about the last supper. We explained the symbolism of the bread and the wine and discussed how amazing it was that Jesus knew what He was about to endure but chose to do it anyway--that's how much He loves us! 

Today I am grateful for family traditions and teachable moments. I always enjoy doing fun things together as a family but I am especially thankful for these lessons we are able to teach our children. There is nothing more important than the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus! I consider it a privilege to be the ones who get to share this truth with our boys.  This time of year, spring and Easter, are such special times! I am grateful to share them with my family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes